Wednesday, September 12, 2007

This lady's a mess

Earlier this week, an American diplomat and the decorated guy who runs Iraq came back to the states to give Congress a report card on how the war's going.

In some respects, they were college kids flunking their classes and came home to ask mom and pop for more of their money to spend. The problem is, mom and dad are fed up with funding a failing college kid.

Anyway, this is not an allegory on trivial politics.

I did, however, get to see Ann Coulter on Fox News give her commentary following the report.

This is where my day got interesting.

After she claimed Democrats in Congress who grilled Petraeus and Crocker "hated America" and "supported al Qaeda," I immediately became fascinated with this woman.

So I looked up some of her interviews on youTube. First result: Coulter calling 9/11 widows "Jersey Girls," whom their husbands probably would have "divorced anyway."

Either this is badly drawn-out satire, I thought, or this woman is the anti-Christ.

This blog is supposed to be focused on the environment, so naturally I couldn't wait to hear her views on such.

She claims to be very much for Christ as it turns out.

In her column, “Oil good; Dems bad,” stating it is God’s will for humans to “rape the earth,” and “you couldn’t get rid of the environment if you tried,” I was especially struck by this one:

“Fuel is the metric of prosperity, and conservationism is an acknowledgement that we are in decline of prosperity.”

This is the most ungrateful person I’ve ever heard. And I come from the MTV Real World generation.

She’s disrespectful of the very place that burps up her own well-being. If oil was like our incredibly rich brother or sister who regularly gave us money, then Coulter’s view makes it okay to piss on mom’s foot.

It’s funny to me that a bigoted conservative denounces conservation. Shit, there can’t be that much difference in the last two letters.

I suppose this commentary need not be focused solely on Ann Coulter – I’m sure there’s millions who believe we aren’t really putting on a celestial shit show.

But in some sadistic way of my own, I enjoy seeing people like Coulter succeed. So that a few generations down the line, when the oil is squandered and cities are underwater, it will be a general consensus that her and the like were always full of shit.

No comments: